What is a cookie?
This is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer after you agree to such use. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help us to know you better by providing operational data that we can use to aid your interaction with our Website and improve its navigation and usability. The information we collect indirectly from you includes, but is not limited to, your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider (ISP), time stamps, transactions placed, and banner ads you click.
We use the following cookies: Essential Cookies; Analytical/Performance Cookies; Functionality Cookies; and Targeting Cookies described as follows:
Essential Cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website. Without these cookies, services you've asked for (such as access to secure areas) can't be provided. These cookies will not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet. This category cannot be disabled.
Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These cookies are not used to target you with online advertising. Without these cookies we are unable to learn how our website is performing and make relevant improvements that could improve your browsing experience.
Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
These can also be used to remember log-in details, changes you've made to text size, font and other parts of pages that you can customise.
Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website and browsing habits, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with selected third parties for this purpose.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
If you've disabled one or more cookie categories, we may still use information collected from existing cookies, but we'll stop using the disabled cookies to gather any further information. You can delete existing cookies from your browser.
You can manage cookies by changing the settings in the web browser on your computer or tablet.
Destek is committed to protecting your privacy online, your privacy is a fundamental right and one we take very seriously.
Collection of personal information
We collect information required to open an account, and to transact business effectively. To do this, we gather information to help us assess your needs and preferences and meet our regulatory obligations. The information we collect directly from you includes information required:
- To communicate with you, including your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- By law to determine your identity including, but not limited to, your residential address, passport details, employment details and date of birth.
- To administer and operate your account and monitor and analyse its conduct.
- To provide services to you and improve any of the Firm’s operations, procedures, products.
- To carry out statistical and other analysis;
- You directly provide to us the majority of information we collect. You do this by completing the account application and related documentation, by placing a trade, by sending us an e-mail or by submitting information in response to a promotion or special offer.
Who may we disclose the personal information to?
Depending on the product or service concerned and particular restrictions on sensitive information, this means that personal information may be disclosed to:
- other companies within our group who provide financial and other services
- service providers and specialist advisers to us who have been contracted to provide us with administrative, financial, insurance, research or other services
- introducing brokers with whom we have a mutual relationship
- credit providers, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities as agreed or authorised by law
- credit reporting or reference agencies
- anyone authorised by an individual, as specified by that individual or the contract
Should you have any questions or complaints about your privacy please contact us. If a complaint is not resolved by Destek to your satisfaction, you may complain to the Information Commissioner Office.
If you have a request, please contact us to obtain a subject access request form.